So what’s in your washer?
Ever wondered what was down in the bottom of the washer? Not the bottom of the basket, I’m talking about the very bottom, down there with the gears and the wires.
With the help of a putty knife you can open the front and peer in for yourself. And if you live with an Artist like I do you can find all kinds of things.
The item on the upper left is a banana. Yep that is what happens with a banana gets old, really old. Like past stinky old. The screwdrivers were a nice touch, but the Kippersnacks? Who expects canned fish when the repair a washer. The donut and phone were also unexpected treasures.
Now, lest you think we are poor parents, we have explained to Andrew that pushing items like this between the basket and the top of the washer to get them to fall down inside is not a good idea. But being a man of great imagination he is not deterred by conventional limits. He stretches the boundaries. He explores, he breaks thing, washers included.
I regret that I failed to record today’s little performance. Did you know that if you put two cans of Sprite into the dryer they will swell and burst open? Sugar fortified towels. Or that you can completely clog a toilet by flushing things from the medicine chest. Yes, last week I replaced my 18th toilet. I got the bottle of Ibuprofen out with the shop vac, but a small bottle of eyedrops was stuck just where the drain connects to the toilet. Since I already had the toilet bought and Andrew had cracked the tank lid I trashed it and put in the new one. He was delighted with the new toy.
I actually recorded this bit of history with some photots of the eyedrops holding back paper and … stuff, but decided not to publish it. What has been seen cannot be unseen. I feel that the sanity of the reader should be preserved.
3 comments:
I have a friend whose son has skills and talents like The Artist. Those boys have mad skills, makes me wonder if the United Laboratories could use some testers like them.
Nobody could make this stuff up. You have the material for a great book.
I have to say how proud I am at your restraint at not including the eye drop pictures. My little boy is growing up! (sniff) Meaning you, Ray, not Andrew. He has much more to learn about restraint and self-discipline.
Post a Comment